44 Hogan Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Administrator: Greg Urban
Bangor was the fifth of our six multi-service homes. Opening in October of 1995, it is located on a hill overlooking the banks of the Penobscot River. Inside the facility you will find four separate nursing units: a 40 bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing care unit, a 40 bed long-term care unit, a 40 bed secured long-term care unit for residents with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias, and a 30 bed residential care unit designed to meet the needs of those in the early stages of dementia.
Maine Veterans' Home - Bangor has a medical team that works for you, including a licensed Medical Director and 24 hour RN coverage. The medical and therapy team's focus is on returning the patient to their home and community, whenever possible. We develop an individualized plan of care that integrates nursing care with a rehabilitation program. Maine Veterans' Homes of Bangor continuously monitors patient progress and measures outcomes.
- Quiet rooms where residents and family members can rest, meditate or just "get away" for a few moments
- Separate dining and living rooms for each unit
- A Multi-purpose room that features a large screen TV, organ and piano
- Two therapy gyms
- Modern therapy facilities
- A barber/beauty shop
- A fully equipped kitchen that provides varied menus under the supervision of a Registered Dietician
- A wheelchair accessible van is available for residents to participate in community events and entertainment
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Skilled Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
- Residential Care
- Alzheimer's Care / Dementia Care
- Respite Care
- Comfort Care
Going North on Interstate 95: Take exit 187 Bangor Mall/Hogan Road. Take a right onto Hogan Road. The MVH access road is approximately 1 mile on the right, taking a right turn just past the City of Bangor Fire Station into the entrance to BMHI. The MVH road is an immediate left after this.
Going South on Interstate 95: take the same exit and take a left onto Hogan Road and follow the same directions as above.